Skip to code content (skip section selection)
For the purposes of this chapter, the following definitions shall apply:
CANNABIS. Marijuana, hashish and other substances which are identified as including any parts of the plant Cannabis Sativa, whether growing or not; the seeds thereof, the resin extracted from any part of such plant; and any compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of such plant, its seeds, or resin, including tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and all other cannabinol derivatives, including its naturally occurring or synthetically produced ingredients, whether produced directly or indirectly by extraction, or independently by means of chemical synthesis or by a combination of extraction and chemical synthesis; but shall not include the mature stalks of such plant, fiber produced from such stalks, oil or cake made from the seeds of such plant, any other compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of such mature stalks (except the resin extracted therefrom), fiber, oil or cake, or the sterilized seed of such plant which is incapable of germination.
CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE. The meaning ascribed to it in the Illinois Controlled Substances Act, ILCS 720, Act 570, § 102.
DRUG PARAPHERNALIA. All equipment, products and materials of any kind, other than methamphetamine manufacturing materials as defined the Methamphetamine Control and Community Protection Act, ILCS Ch. 720, Act 646, Article §§ 5 et seq., which are intended to be used unlawfully in planting, propagating, cultivating, growing, harvesting, manufacturing, compounding, converting, producing, processing, preparing, testing, analyzing, packaging, repackaging, storing, containing, concealing, injecting, ingesting, inhaling or otherwise introducing into the human body cannabis or a controlled substance in violation of the Cannabis Control Act, ILCS 720, Act 550, §§ 1 et seq., the Illinois Controlled Substances Act, ILCS 720, Act 570, §§ 100 et seq., or the Methamphetamine Control and Community Protection Act, ILCS 720, Act 646, §§ 5 et seq. It includes, but is not limited to:
(1) Kits intended to be used unlawfully in manufacturing, compounding, converting, producing, processing or preparing cannabis or a controlled substance;
(2) Isomerization devices intended to be used unlawfully in increasing the potency of any species of plant which is cannabis or a controlled substance;
(3) Testing equipment intended to be used unlawfully in a private home for identifying or in analyzing the strength, effectiveness or purity of cannabis or controlled substances;
(4) Diluents and adulterants intended to be used unlawfully for cutting cannabis or a controlled substance by private persons;
(5) Objects intended to be used unlawfully in ingesting, inhaling, or otherwise introducing cannabis, cocaine, hashish, or hashish oil into the human body including, where applicable, the following items:
(a) Water pipes;
(b) Carburetion tubes and devices;
(c) Smoking and carburetion masks:
(d) Miniature cocaine spoons and cocaine vials;
(e) Carburetor pipes;
(f) Electric pipes;
(g) Air-driven pipes;
(i) Bongs; or
(j) Ice pipes or chillers.
(6) Any item whose purpose, as announced or described, is for use in violation of this section.
(Ord. 11-287, passed 8-18-2011) Penalty, see § 132.99