Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) There is created an agency to be known as the County Environmental Control Board.
(B) The members of the Environmental Control Board shall be the Health Officer of the County Health Department, and eight members who shall be appointed by the Chairperson of the County Board, with the advice and consent of the County Board, as follows:
(1) One shall be a registered professional engineer as defined in the State Professional Engineering Act filed July 24, 1941, as amended, who is experienced in the field of air pollution control;
(2) One shall be a physician, licensed in compliance with the Medical Practice Act approved June 30, 1923, as amended, who shall be experienced in the field of industrial medicine;
(3) One shall be engaged in a field which directly relates to agriculture or conservation;
(4) One shall be actively engaged in the management of a private manufacturing concern;
(5) One shall be representative of labor;
(6) One shall be engaged in municipal government; and
(7) Two others shall be selected at large.
(1980 Code, § 34.20) (1970 pp. 1313—1314, adopted 2-25-1970) (Sup. Rec. Bk. 238, pp. 345—346)