§ 5.7.4 PERMITS.
   Permits for the burning of dry grass, weeds and similar material are required by the City. Said permits shall be obtained from the Volunteer Chief of the Volunteer Fire Department. This permit may be revoked by the Volunteer Fire Chief or the Mayor when conditions under which the permit was granted change, when a hazardous condition is determined to exist, or when, in the best judgment of the Volunteer Fire Chief, such permit must be withdrawn in the interests of public safety, including the safety of property. (1985 Code, § 9.08.040)