Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The following general and special provisions shall apply to the furnishing of off-street parking facilities for motor vehicles and loading and unloading berths:
(A) The vehicle parking spaces and loading berths required are the minimum areas to be provided. Open areas devoted to vehicle parking may be used in computing open spaces required by this chapter. Required parking space shall be counted only once in determining off-street parking requirements for individual buildings.
(B) Space for off-street vehicle parking may be provided on the lot occupied by the building which it serves or upon approval by the Board of Zoning Appeals on adjacent areas within 300 feet of such building provided the property is zoned to permit such use.
(C) The Board of Zoning Appeals may grant a permit for the establishment of a parking lot in a residential district, provided the entire area of the parking lot is within 200 feet of and adjacent to a C-1, C-2, C-3 or I District, or in the case of a church or other place of congregation in a residential district, immediately adjacent to such church or other place of congregation and provided further that:
(1) There shall be no sales, dead storage, repair work, dismantling or servicing of any kind on said parking lot.
(2) Entrances and exits shall be approved as to location by the Town Plan Commission.
(3) No parking shall be permitted between the front yard line and the front lot line.
(4) Except for approved entrances and exits, suitable guards shall be erected so as to conform with the required front yard line and may be required along boundaries of adjoining residentially zoned or used property.
(5) The lot shall be paved with a dustproof or hard surface meeting the standard specifications of the town.
(6) Lighting facilities, if provided, shall be so arranged as to be reflected away from residentially zoned or used property.
(7) If, at any time after the issuance of the required permits, any of the provisions of this section are not complied with, the permits shall be revoked.
(D) A church or other place of congregation, which requires parking facilities at times when other nearby uses would not require their established parking facilities and, if such agreement is approved by the Board of Zoning Appeals, the Board may relieve the church or other place of congregation from establishing its own off-street vehicle parking facilities.
(E) Groups of stores or other buildings and uses requiring off-street parking facilities, as prescribed herein, may join in establishing group parking lots with adequate capacity for all the buildings and uses participating in their establishment.
(F) Open parking lots shall be paved with a dustproof or hard surface meeting the standard specifications of the town.
(Ord. 70-2, passed 5-11-70; Am. Ord. 1989-7, passed 9-11-89) Penalty, see § 156.999