Skip to code content (skip section selection)
Sketch plans submitted to the Plan Commission, prepared in pen or pencil, shall be drawn to a convenient scale of not more than 100 feet to an inch and should show the following information:
(A) Name. The proposed name of the subdivision shall not duplicate the name of any subdivision plat previously recorded.
(1) Name and address, including telephone and fax number, of legal owner and agent of property, and citation of last instrument conveying title to each parcel of property involved in the proposed subdivision, giving grantor, grantee, date, and land records reference.
(2) Citation of any existing legal rights-of-way or easements affecting the property.
(3) Existing covenants on the property, if any.
(4) Name and address, including telephone and fax number, of the professional(s) responsible for subdivision design, for the design of the public improvements, and for surveys.
(C) Description. Location of property, name of local jurisdiction, lot, section, township, range and county, graphic scale, north arrow, and date.
(1) Location of property lines, existing features such as easements, burial grounds, buildings (with ties to property lines), railroad rights-of-way, watercourses, wooded areas, and trees 15 inches or more in diameter.
(2) Location, width (pavement and right-of-way), and names of all existing or platted streets or other public ways within or immediately adjacent to the tract.
(3) Location of existing sewers, water mains, culverts, and other underground structures within the tract and immediately adjacent thereto, existing buildings and utility poles on or immediately adjacent to the site, and utility rights-of-way.
(4) Approximate topography of the site and within 600 feet of the property boundaries of the site, normally showing two-foot contour intervals.
(5) The approximate location and widths of proposed streets.
(6) Preliminary proposals for connection with existing water supply and sanitary sewage systems.
(7) Preliminary provisions for collecting and discharging surface water drainage.
(8) The approximate location and size of all proposed or existing lots.
(9) The approximate location and size of all parcels of land proposed to be set aside for park, playground, common area, or other public use, or for the use of property owners in the proposed subdivision.
(10) When the sketch plan covers only a part of the applicant's contiguous holdings, a sketch of the overall proposed subdivision area, together with its proposed street system, and an indication of the probable future street and drainage system of the remaining portion of the tract.
(11) A vicinity map showing streets, including at least one major road, and other general development of the surrounding area.
(12) An area map showing the total drainage area.
(13) A summary statement indicating total number of lots, total acreage, dwelling units per acre, and length of new streets to be dedicated.
(14) The location and delineation of ponds, streams, ditches, drains, and natural drainage swales, as well as 100-year flood plains.
(Ord. 2014-03, passed 5-12-14)