Skip to code content (skip section selection)
1123.13 LIMITED INDUSTRIAL DISTRICT (I-2).
(a) Purpose. The Limited Industrial District (I-2) is established in recognition of the location and space needs of a broad range of industrial activities diverse in products, operational techniques and size, but possessing compatible development characteristics and seeking similar locations.
This district is intended to establish a stable industrial environment, free from encroachment by other land uses, where industrial uses can achieve greater economies by sharing necessary services and facilities.
(b) Permitted Uses. The permitted uses are:
(1) Any permitted use of the Restricted Industrial District (I-1), except Section 1123.12 (b)(8) Administrative and Business Offices.
(Ord. 018-2012. Passed 4-17-12.)
2013 Sausages and other prepared meat products.
202 Dairy products.
204 Grain mill products.
208 Beverage industries.
221 Broad woven fabric mills, cotton.
222 Broad woven fabric mills, man-made fiber and silk.
223 Broad woven fabric mills, wool, including dyeing and finishing.
224 Narrow fabrics and other small wares mills: cotton, wool, silk and man-made fiber.
225 Knitting mills.
226 Dyeing and finishing textiles, except wool fabrics and knit goods.
227 Floor covering mills.
228 Yarn and thread mills.
229 Miscellaneous textile goods.
251 Household furniture.
252 Office furniture.
253 Public building and related furniture.
254 Partitions, shelving, lockers and office and store fixtures.
259 Miscellaneous furniture and fixtures.
264 Converted paper and paperboard products, except containers and boxes.
265 Paperboard containers and boxes.
313 Boot and shoe cut stock and findings.
319 Leather goods, not elsewhere classified.
336 Nonferrous foundries.
3444 Sheet metal work.
3591 Machine shops, jobbing and repair.
363 Household appliances.
364 Electric lighting and wiring equipment.
369 Miscellaneous electrical machinery, equipment and supplies.
393 Musical instruments and parts.
394 Toys, amusements, sporting and athletic goods.
395 Pens, pencils and other office and artists' materials.
396 Costume jewelry, costume novelties, buttons and miscellaneous notions, except precious metal.
398 Miscellaneous manufacturing industries.
399 Manufacturing industries, not elsewhere classified.
(3) Warehousing, wholesaling and transportation services.
402 Sleeping car and other passenger car service.
404 Railway express service.
421 Trucking, local and long distance.
422 Public warehousing.
423 Terminal and joint terminal maintenance facilities for motor freight transportation
471 Freight forwarding.
472 Arrangement of transportation.
474 Rental of railroad cars
478 Miscellaneous services incidental to transportation.
501 Motor vehicles and automotive equipment.
502 Drugs, chemicals and allied products.
503 Dry goods and apparel.
504 Groceries and related products.
505 Farm products, raw materials.
506 Electrical goods.
507 Hardware and plumbing and heating equipment and supplies.
508 Machinery, equipment and supplies.
509 Miscellaneous wholesalers (except 5093, scrap and waste materials)
(4) Service industries.
151 General building contractors.
161 Highway and street construction, except elevated highways.
162 Heavy construction, except highway and street construction.
171 Plumbing, heating and air conditioning
172 Painting, paper hanging and decorating.
173 Electrical work.
174 Masonry, stonework, tilesetting and plastering.
175 Carpentering and wood flooring.
176 Roofing and sheet metal work.
177 Concrete work.
178 Water well drilling.
179 Miscellaneous special trade contractors.
(5) Governmentally owned and/or operated facilities.
(c) Special Permit Uses. The special permit uses are:
(1) Any other lawful industrial use compatible to the permitted uses, fulfilling the intent of this district and developed in accordance with the development standards of this district.
(2) Commercial establishments, administrative offices and personal and consumer services directly associated with and intended to serve the industrial establishments or their employees.
(d) Area and Height Regulations.
(1) Intensity of use. Lot size shall be adequate to provide the yard space required by these area and height regulations and the following provision: A use allowed in this district shall entirely enclose its primary operation within a structure. Open storage and service areas and loading docks shall be screened by walls or fences at least six feet but not more than twelve feet in height. These walls or fences shall have an opaqueness of seventy-five percent or more, so as to effectively conceal production, storage, service and loading operations from adjoining streets and from a Residential zoning district.
(2) Lot widths. All lots shall abut a public street or a paved service road for a distance of 100 feet or more and have adequate lot width to provide the yard space required by these area and height regulations.
(Ord. 68-70. Passed 6-2-70.)
(3) Side yards. For main and accessory structures including open storage, service and loading areas, the required side yards shall be not less than one-third the sum of the height and depth of the structure, but in no case shall be less than twenty-five feet from the interior lot line and fifty feet from any residential district.
(4) Rear yards. For main and accessory structures including open storage, service and loading areas, the required rear yards shall be not less than one-third the sum of the height and width of the structure, but in no case shall be less than twenty-five feet from the interior lot line and fifty feet from any residential district. (Ord. 164-70. Passed 12-7-71.)
(5) Front yards. For main and accessory structures, including open storage, service and loading areas, the required front yard shall not be less than seventy-five feet.
(6) Maximum building height. The maximum building height shall be thirty-five feet.
(7) Area regulations. The area regulations shall be as regulated by Chapter 1125 .
(8) Parking, loading and garages. Parking, loading and garage regulations shall be as regulated by Chapter 1126 .
(9) Signs. Sign regulations shall be as regulated by Chapter 1127 .
(Ord. 68-70. Passed 6-2-70; Ord. 34-95. Passed 6-6-95.)