Skip to code content (skip section selection)
1123.01 RESIDENTIAL DISTRICT (R-1).
(a) Purpose. The Residential District (R-1) is established to accommodate single-family residential dwellings at a density that will be similar to that which already exists in the areas so defined. The object in this district is to discourage large concentrations of intensive development where it is desirable to maintain the suburban character of the area.
(b) Permitted Uses. The permitted uses are:
(1) Single-family residential dwellings.
(2) Accessory uses, as regulated in Section 1124.02, provided such uses are incidental to the principal use. Such uses must be situated on the same lot with the principal building.
(c) Special Permit Uses. The special permit uses are:
(1) Public utility rights of way, telecommunication towers and pertinent structures.
(2) Churches or other places of worship.
(d) Area and Height Regulations. The area and height regulations are:
(1) Minimum lot area, 15,000 square feet.
(2) Minimum frontage, 100 feet.
(3) Minimum net floor area for living quarters, 1,800 square feet (Foundation area, 1,200 square feet minimum).
(4) Maximum building height, 35 feet.
(5) Area regulations, as regulated by Chapter 1125.
(6) Parking, loading and garages, as regulated by Chapter 1126.
(7) Signs, as regulated by Chapter 1127.
(Ord. 68-70. Passed 6-2-70; Ord. 34-95. Passed 6-6-95; Ord. 21-06. Passed 5-2-06; Ord. 91-2012. Passed 1-2-13.)