Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Notice. After two nuisance service calls within 12 months, the city shall provide written notice to the responsible party or parties that subsequent nuisance service calls may result in the imposition of the repeat nuisance service call fee. The written notice shall:
(1) State the nuisance conduct, activity or condition that is or has occurred or is being maintained or permitted, and the dates of the nuisance conduct, activity or condition;
(2) State that the responsible party or parties may be subject to a repeat nuisance service call fee for a third nuisance service call and for every nuisance service call occurring thereafter within the noticed time period that involves the same property, unit, complex or persons, in addition to the city’s right to seek other legal remedies or actions for abatement of the nuisance or compliance with the law;
(3) State the amount of the nuisance service call fee that will be due and payable;
(4) State that failure to pay may result in the costs being assessed against the owner’s property or in the issuance of a criminal citation to the responsible party; and
(5) Be served personally or by U.S. mail upon the responsible party or parties at the last known address.
(B) Imposition of the fee. If, after written notice is served pursuant to this section, a subsequent nuisance service call occurs within that time period provided in the notice, then the city may impose the repeat nuisance service call fee upon the responsible party or parties, for the third nuisance service call and every nuisance service call occurring thereafter within the same noticed time period. The responsible party who received notice pursuant to division (A) above shall be responsible for payment of the repeat nuisance service call fee. The city may impose the nuisance service call fee on all responsible parties.
(2001 Code, § 955.05)