Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The regulations and requirements set forth in this subchapter shall apply to the required and non-required loading and unloading facilities in all districts.
(B) If, in the application of the requirements of this section, a fractional number is obtained, one loading space shall be provided for a fraction of one-half or more, and no loading space shall be required for a fraction of less than one-half.
(1) Location. All loading berths shall be 25 feet or more from the intersection of two street rights-of-way. Loading berths shall not occupy the front yard or a side yard adjacent to a street.
(a) Unless otherwise specified the first berth required shall not be less than 12 feet in width and 50 feet in length.
(b) Additional berths shall be not less than 12 feet in width and 25 feet in length. All loading berths shall maintain a height of 14 feet or more.
(3) Access. Each loading berth shall be located with appropriate means of access to a public street or alley in a manner that will least interfere with traffic.
(4) Surfacing. All loading berths and access ways shall be improved with a durable, dust-free material.
(5) Accessory uses. Any area allocated as a required loading berth or access drive so as to comply with the terms of this chapter shall not be used for the storage of goods, inoperable vehicles nor be included as a part of the area necessary to meet the off-street parking area.
(6) Screening. Loading berths must be completely screened from eye level view of streets and open spaces by means of landscaping that is at least 75% opaque within two years or by a screen wall of the same materials and color as the principal building.
(Ord. 01-08, passed - -; Ord. passed 10-11-1963)