Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Access and location.
(1) Parking areas shall be designed so as to provide an adequate means of access to a public alley or street.
(2) No person shall construct a driveway without first obtaining a permit pursuant to § 32.16(A). All driveways shall be located entirely upon the permittee’s property. It shall be the responsibility of the permittee to ensure that the driveway is constructed on private property. The driveway access shall not exceed 24 feet in width at the public walk centerline and shall be so located as to cause the least interference with traffic movement.
(B) Calculating space. When the calculation of the number of required off-street parking spaces results in a fraction, each fraction of one-half or more shall constitute another space.
(C) Signs. Signs located in any parking area necessary for orderly operation of traffic movement shall not be included as a part of the permitted display space.
(D) Surfacing. All of the area used for parking and driveways in all districts shall be of concrete-type or asphalt surface to control dust and drainage.
(E) Lighting. If lighting is provided, it shall be accomplished in such a manner as to have no direct source of light visible from the public right-of-way or adjacent land in an R District.
(F) Maintenance of off-street parking space. The operator of the principal use, uses or structures shall maintain in a neat and adequate manner the parking spaces, access ways, landscaping and required curbs and fences. Snow shall be removed from parking areas within 24 hours of significant snow accumulations.
(G) Driveways/aisles. The following regulations shall apply to all driveways and aisles in parking lots.
(1) The minimum distance between curbs of driveways at the right-of-way line shall be 20 feet.
(2) No driveway shall be less than 50 feet from any right-of-way line of a street intersection.
(3) The minimum driveway angle from a two-way access street shall be 60 degrees, from a one-way street, it shall be 30 degrees.
(4) Minimum parking space and aisle dimensions:
1-Way Aisle Width*
2-Way Aisle Width
20 feet 6 inches
21 feet 10 inches
*One-way aisle widths for multi-family residential, commercial and industrial development to be determined through site plan approval process
(H) Setbacks. All enclosed parking spaces shall be setback from structures and lot lines as follows.
Distance from Structures
Distance from Lot Lines - Front or Corner Side
Distance from Lot Lines - Interior - Side or Rear
(Ord. 10-08, passed - -; Ord. passed 10-11-1963)