Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) All certificate(s) of insurance or self-insurance required under this section must provide that:
(1) An insurance policy has been issued to the applicant by an insurance company authorized to do business in the State of Minnesota, or that the applicant has a form of self insurance acceptable to the Director;
(2) The applicant is insured against claims for personal injury, including death, and property damage arising out of the:
(a) Use and occupancy of the public right-of-way by the permittee, its officers, agents and employees; and
(b) Placement and use of facilities and equipment in the public right-of-way by the permittee, its officers, agents and employees, including protection against liability from completed operations, damage of underground facilities and collapse of property.
(3) The city is named as an additional insured for the coverages required under this section;
(4) The city must be notified 30 days in advance of cancellation of the policy or material modification of a coverage term; and
(5) The coverages and amounts of coverage are as required by the city.
(B) The city may require a copy of the actual insurance policies.
(Ord. 17-13, passed 11-27-2017)