Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) City code provisions and state law provisions relating to the operation of vehicles upon streets and highways apply within all parks and upon all park property.
(B) In addition, Minn. Stat. Chapter 169, as it may be amended from time to time, is specifically adopted by reference except those provisions that by their nature have no application. With the exception of city employees in the performance of their duties, it is unlawful for any park visitor to:
(1) Operate any vehicle, including a motorized recreational vehicle, within a park, except upon designated roadways and parking areas;
(2) Operate a vehicle in a park in excess of posted speed limits;
(3) Park or leave a vehicle standing within a park except at a designated parking area during park hours;
(4) Operate a vehicle that emits excessive or unusual noise, noxious fumes, dense smoke or other polluting matter;
(5) Operate a vehicle in a reckless or careless manner in a park; and
(6) Wash, polish, grease, change oil or repair any vehicle in a park.
(2001 Code, § 825.17)