Skip to code content (skip section selection)
All structures shall comply with at least the following minimum requirements:
(a) Lot Area, Lot Width and Yards.
Other Structures/Buildings Permitted in District
17,500 square feet
Average lot width
100 feet, plus other requirements outlined in the definition of “lot” in Chapter 1240
Front yard depth
Side yard width, each
Rear yard depth
50 feet or 30% of depth, whichever is larger, but not to exceed 75 feet
(b) Distances from Lot Lines and Dwelling (in feet).
From front lot line
From side lot line
From rear lot line
(c) Minimum Size of Dwelling. Every dwelling or residence in this district shall have floor space designed and used for living quarters, exclusive of porches, garages, breezeways or terraces, as follows:
(1) For house with living space located entirely on one floor, the minimum area shall be 1,800 square feet.
(2) For a two-story or story and one-half house, the minimum area shall be 1,260 square feet on the first floor. However, the area of the first floor together with the area of the second floor shall not be less than a total of 1,800 square feet.
(3) For split level homes with living quarters and sleeping quarters on separate levels, the minimum area of these combined quarters shall be 1,800 square feet, with a minimum foundation area of 1,575 square feet.
(d) Additional Front Yard Requirements.
(1) If the alignment of existing buildings within 200 feet on each side of the lot in question, within the same block and on the same side of the street, is farther from the lot line than 50 feet, the principal building on the lot in question must have a front yard not less in depth than the average formed by such existing alignment, provided that it shall not be required to be set back farther than the rear line of a principal building occupying a lot on either side of the lot in question.
(2) There shall be a front yard on each street side of a corner lot.
(e) Additional Side Yard Requirements. Where a side wall of a building is not parallel with the side lot line, the required width of any side yard may be taken as the average width, provided the side yard shall not be narrower than 15 feet at any point.
(Ord. 2013-01. Passed 2-5-13; Ord. 2019-04. Passed 4-2-19.)