(a)   Purpose.  The purpose of this section is to define and regulate those occupations that may be carried on in residential districts.
   (b)   Conditional use permit required.  No home occupation may be carried on in a residential unit unless a conditional use permit has first been approved by the Village Planning Commission.
   (c)   Application for permit.  A written application for a home occupation to the Zoning Inspector.  The application shall include:
      (1)   The address of the property and the name, address and telephone number of the owner and occupant of the property;
      (2)   A description of the home occupation sought to be carried on;
      (3)   The number and names of persons to be involved in the home occupation;
      (4)   The length of time the home occupation is expected to be carried on; and
      (5)   Any additional information required by the Village Planning Commission to establish the advisability of granting the permit.
   (d)   Required standards.  No home occupation permit shall be issued, and no home occupation shall be carried on, unless the home occupation complies with all of the following regulations.
      (1)   The home occupation shall be incidental and subordinate to use of the dwelling unit for residential purposes, and not more than 25% of the floor area of a single floor of the dwelling unit shall be used in the conduct of the home occupation.
      (2)   External indication of such home occupation shall be limited to one nameplate having an area of not more than four square feet unless such home occupation is located within 500 feet, measured by public road, of any business or industrial zoning district, in which case the Village Planning Commission may permit a sign or nameplate larger than four square feet in area.
      (3)   The home occupation may not generate traffic in greater volume than normal for a residential neighborhood.
      (4)   No equipment or process may be used in the home occupation that creates noise, vibration, glare, fumes, odors or electrical interference detectable to the normal senses off the lot if the occupation is conducted in a single-family residence, or outside the dwelling unit if the occupation is conducted in other than a single-family residence.  In the case of electrical interference, no equipment or process shall be used which creates visual or audible interference in any radio or television receivers off the premises, or which causes fluctuations in line voltage off the premises.
   (e)   Revocation of permit and appeal.  If one or more of the regulations in division (d) hereof are violated, the Village Planning Commission may revoke the home occupation permit.
(Ord. 652, passed 11-8-1999)