Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Mobile and Itinerant Business License. A person, firm, or corporation desiring to secure a license as an itinerant or mobile vendor shall make application to the Town Clerk on forms approved by the Town Board of Commissioners. In addition to any items required, which shall be kept on file by the Town Clerk, such application shall provide:
(1) The name or names and address of the applicant, vehicle license number(s) if the applicant proposes to conduct business from a vehicle, description of the general type of goods, wares, merchandise or food proposed to be sold by the applicant; the place where the applicant proposes to engage in business.
(2) Each application shall be accompanied with the applicable application and/or license fee as established by the Town Board of Commissioners, which fee schedule shall be on file with the Town Clerk.
(B) Application processing. Upon receipt of a complete application for a mobile or itinerant business license, the Town Clerk shall immediately commence investigation of the application as follows:
(1) Transmit a copy of the application to the Zoning Administrator.
(2) The Zoning Administrator shall report to the Town Clerk no later than 15 working days after the receipt of the application by the Town Clerk whether or not a proposed business complies with the requirements of the zoning ordinance regarding location, building, fire, health or similar state or local code(s). In the event, the Zoning Administrator fails to report to the Town Clerk within this time period, the Town Clerk shall proceed with processing the application.
(3) Upon completion of his or her investigation, payment of the applicable fees and upon receipt of the report of the Zoning Administrator, the Town Clerk shall determine whether or not a license shall be issued. In no event shall the time period for determination by the Town Clerk exceed 30 working days from the date the application is received, unless consented to by the applicant.
(C) Notice of approval or disapproval.
(1) Upon determination by the Town Clerk of the approval or disapproval of the application, the Town Clerk shall notify the applicant by personal delivery or mail to the address of the applicant as shown on the application. In the event that the application is disapproved, the notification shall state the basis for the disapproval.