Before a permit is issued for the moving of any building into, out of, or through the City, across any public way or any public property, the applicant shall:
   (a)   Obtain approval by the Fire Chief, the Police Chief, the Director of Public Works and the City Engineer.
   (b)   Pay a permit fee of two hundred fifty dollars ($250.00). (The Council may from time to time by resolution alter or amend the amount of said permit fee.)
   (c)   Provide a cash or surety bond in the amount of twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000) which shall be posted or filed with the City Clerk conditioned upon the faithful compliance by the moving contractor or owner with all of the laws and ordinances of the City, including, but not limited to, fire codes, life safety codes, applicable traffic codes, current Michigan building codes, and any other building code. The contractor shall further indemnify and hold the City harmless from any and all claims of injury or damage caused as the result of moving said building and shall provide to the City of Wayne proof of liability insurance in the amount of not less than one million dollars ($1,000,000) naming the City of Wayne as an additional insured.
   (d)   Further agree to reimburse the City for all injury or damage to trees, sidewalks, curbs, pavement, road services or other public property in the City which may be damaged in any manner by the moving of said building. In the event of injury or damage caused by the contractor or owner by the moving of said building, the City shall be authorized to repair or replace any injured or damaged sidewalk, curb, pavement, road service or other public property and if the City does make said repairs, alterations, additions, or improvements thereto, all monies reasonably expended by the City for any of the aforementioned purposes shall be reimbursed to the City by the owner or contractor within thirty days of the presentation of said bill. If reimbursement is not made within said thirty days, then and in that event the City shall to the extent necessary to reimbursement itself, use the cash or surety bond noted herein.
   (e)   The contractor and owner shall be responsible, if moving the building to a new location in the City, to comply with all building, housing, and zoning requirements or other ordinances of the City within a period of six months from the date of the issuance of the permit. 
(Ord. 99-25.  Passed 12-21-99; Ord. 2002-13. Passed 5-21-02.)