Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Manufactured one-family detached dwelling units shall be subject to the following standards:
(1) Principal buildings and accessory structures shall conform to all applicable City codes and ordinances.
(2) Such dwellings shall be permanently attached to perimeter foundations. In instances where an applicant elects to set a dwelling on piers or other acceptable foundations which are not at the perimeter of the dwelling, a perimeter wall shall also be constructed. Any such perimeter wall shall be constructed of durable materials and shall also meet all local requirements with respect to materials, construction and necessary foundations below the frost line. Any such wall shall also provide an appearance which is compatible with the dwelling and with site-built homes in the area.
(3) Such dwellings shall provide a minimum width and depth of at least twenty-two feet over eighty percent of any such width or depth dimension in the R-1AA, R-1A, R-1B and R-1C Districts and eighteen feet over eighty percent of any such width or depth dimension in the R-4 District.
(4) Such dwellings shall have an overhang or eave as required by the Building Code for residential dwellings or similar to site-built dwelling units on adjacent properties or in the surrounding residential neighborhood in the RA Districts.
(5) Such dwellings shall be provided with exterior finish materials similar to site-built dwelling units on adjacent properties or in the surrounding residential neighborhood in the district.
(6) Such dwellings shall have a roof design and roofing materials similar to site-built dwelling units on adjacent properties or in the surrounding residential neighborhood in the district.
(7) Such dwellings shall have an exterior building wall configuration which represents an average width-to-depth or depth-to-width ratio which does not exceed three to one, or is in reasonable conformity with the configuration of site-built dwelling units on adjacent properties or in the surrounding residential neighborhood in the district.
(8) All portions of any transporting devices which extend beyond the vertical plane formed by the outer side walls of the dwelling shall be removed to a point where they will be totally obscured by a perimeter foundation or finished exterior wall.
(b) Proposals for manufactured one-family detached dwelling units shall follow the procedures set forth below:
(1) Applications to permit manufactured one-family detached dwelling units shall be submitted to the code enforcement officer, who may require the applicant to furnish such plans, photographs, elevations and similar documentation as deemed necessary to permit a complete review and evaluation of the proposal.
(2) In reviewing any such proposed dwelling unit, architectural variation shall not be discouraged but reasonable compatibility with the character of residential dwelling units shall be provided, thereby protecting the economic welfare and property value of surrounding residential areas and of the City at large.
(3) Should the reviewing City officials find that any such dwelling unit does not conform to all of the above conditions and standards, the proposal shall be denied. The applicant may appeal the decision of the City officials by requesting a public hearing before the Planning Commission. Notice of such hearing shall be given in accordance with this Part Twelve - Planning and Zoning Code. Thereafter, the Planning Commission shall take final action.
(Ord. 98-08. Passed 9-1-98.)