If a building, fence or other structure, or any tree, hedge or shrub, extends near to, or in any manner encroaches upon, part of a public right of way so as to interfere with public safety or convenience, the Department of Engineering and Building shall serve notice upon the owner or occupant of the premises where such encroachment exists, by personal service or mail, specifying the extent and location of such encroachment and requiring the owner or occupant to remove the same within a reasonable period of time.
(Ord. 65.  Passed 3-20-84.)