A peace officer who has reasonable cause to believe a minor has consumed alcoholic liquor or has any bodily alcohol content may request that individual to submit to a preliminary chemical breath analysis. If a minor does not consent to a preliminary chemical breath analysis, the analysis shall not be administered without a court order, but a peace officer may seek to obtain a court order.  The results of a preliminary chemical breath analysis or other acceptable blood alcohol test are admissible in a civil infraction proceeding or criminal prosecution to determine if the minor has consumed or possessed alcoholic liquor or had any bodily alcohol content.
(Ord. 2006-07.  Passed 4-18-06; Ord. 2007-19.  Passed 10-16-07; Ord. 2017-07.  Passed 1-3-18.)