Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Ordinances or resolutions providing for the following shall take effective immediately upon passage unless a later time is specified therein;
(1) Appropriation of money;
(2) An annual tax levy for current expenses;
(3) Improvements petitioned for by owners of the requisite majority of the front footage or of the area of the property benefited and to be assessed;
(4) Submission of any question to the electorate or the determination to proceed with an election;
(5) Approval of a revision, codification, recodification, or rearrangement of ordinances or resolutions;
(6) Any emergency ordinance or resolution.
(B) All other ordinances and resolutions shall go into effect thirty days after their passage by the Council.