Skip to code content (skip section selection)
No person shall let to another for occupancy, any dwelling unit for the purpose of living, sleeping, cooking and eating therein which does not comply with the following minimum basic facilities:
(a) Every dwelling unit shall contain all of the following:
(1) A water closet;
(2) A bathtub or shower;
(3) A lavatory;
(4) A kitchen sink apart from the lavatory;
(5) Heating facilities capable of safely and adequately heating all habitable rooms to a temperature of at least an average of 68o F. with an outside temperature of 0o F.;
(6) Water heating facilities capable of heating water at a temperature of not less than 120o F. to be drawn at every kitchen sink, lavatory, bathtub or shower, and laundry facility or other similar unit;
(7) At least two separate and remote electric outlets, one of which may be a ceiling or wall-type electric light fixture in all habitable spaces;
(8) Three separate and remote electric outlets or two electric outlets and one ceiling or wall-type electric light fixture in the kitchen;
(9) At least one electric outlet in every bathroom and laundry room.
(b) Every kitchen sink, lavatory basin, bathtub or shower and water closet shall:
(1) Be properly connected to an approved water and sewer system;
(2) Be supplied with hot and cold running water.
(Ord. 1989-36. Passed 7-10-89.)
(c) Every dwelling or multi-family dwelling and every dwelling unit shall be supplied with an approved garbage disposal facility, which may be any adequate mechanical garbage disposal unit or an approved outside garbage can or cans.
(Ord. 2002-3. Passed 4-15-02.)