Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) No permit shall be issued until the fee prescribed in this section has been paid. No amendment to a permit shall be approved until the additional fee, if any, due to an increase in the estimated cost of the building or structure, has been paid. Fees for permits shall be paid to the Building Official at the time the permit is issued. The applicant shall be given a receipt for the amount paid and a duplicate of the receipt shall be filed with the application.
(b) The term "estimated cost," as used in this section, means the reasonable value of all services, labor, materials, and the use of scaffolding and other devices necessary to complete the proposed work; provided that the cost of painting, decorating, or other work, not strictly essential to the safe and lawful use of the building or structure, shall not be considered a part of such estimated cost.
(c) Fees for permits are established as follows:
(1) For the construction or alteration of a building or structure based on the estimated cost, the fee shall be seven dollars ($7.00) for the first one thousand dollars ($1,000) evaluation; four dollars ($4.00) for each additional one thousand dollars ($1,000) up to and including one hundred thousand dollars ($100,000) estimated evaluation; and three dollars ($3.00) for each additional one thousand dollars ($1,000) above one hundred thousand dollars ($100,000) evaluation.
(2) A. For the removal of a building or structure from one lot to another the fee shall be at the rate of two dollars ($2.00) per one thousand dollars ($1,000) of the estimated cost of the building or structure in its completed condition after removal.
B. For the removal of a building or structure to a new location within the same lot, the fee shall be at the rate of two dollars ($2.00) per one thousand dollars ($1,000) of the estimated cost of moving, of new foundations, and of work necessary to put the building in usable condition in its new location. All permits for the removal of a building or structure shall be subject to approval by Council.
(3) For the demolition of a building or structure whose value exceeds one hundred dollars ($100.00) the fee shall be five dollars ($5.00).
(4) For installation, either as new or replacement equipment, in or for an existing building or structure, or part thereof, of an electric wiring system, a plumbing system, or sewage disposal facilities, or part thereof, the fee shall be a minimum of seven dollars ($7.00) for work valued at fifty dollars ($50.00) to one hundred fifty dollars ($150.00) plus four dollars ($4.00) for each additional five hundred dollars ($500.00) or fractional part thereof of estimated cost.
(5) The minimum fee in any case where a permit is required shall be five dollars (5.00).
(1980 Code 150.027; Ord. 14-71.)