Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) All sanitary sewer main extensions that have been extended pursuant to and subject to this Code shall be dedicated to the Municipality.
(b) No sewer service shall be extended to any sewer users outside the corporate limits of the Municipality, except those persons who are sewer users as of June 1, 1997, or except under the conditions set forth herein.
Provided, further, that any person making a new application for such service to a property to which service has previously been extended outside the corporate boundaries of the Municipality shall execute an agreement to annex the property into the Municipality. Such owner shall exert all efforts to obtain an annexation petition of his or her property, including the signing of an annexation petition, when it is legally permissible to do so.
(c) The Municipality may extend water service to land which is outside of the corporate limits of the Municipality but within the Municipality’s sewer service area provided that before such sewer service is extended, the owner of such land must comply with the following:
(1) Compliance with the Waterville Planning and Zoning Codes, Waterville Land Use Plan, and the Waterville Code of Ordinances; and as hereafter amended or revised.
(2) Compliance with the zoning regulation of the government entity in which the property is located.
(3) Compliance with the Planning and Zoning Code of the Municipality, specifically and as the same may hereafter be amended.
(4) Execute an agreement to annex the property to the Municipality. Such owner shall exert all efforts to obtain annexation of his or her property, including signing of the annexation petition, when it is legally permissible to do so. The owner of such land must also agree to require a similar agreement from anyone to whom he or she sells all or any part of his land and to place a covenant in the deed requiring any subsequent purchaser to exert all efforts to annex the land to the Municipality. It is understood that such agreement will be enforced according to these provisions of the Ohio Revised Code.
(5) The sewer service area is described in the contract between the Municipality and Lucas County.
(6) All sewer main extensions that have been extended pursuant to and subject to this rule shall be dedicated to the Municipality.
(d) The Municipal Administrator, or in his absence the Public Works Director, shall review and either approve or disapprove requests for extensions for sewer service. The request for sewer service shall be disapproved unless the criteria set forth here are met. The Municipal Administrator shall consult with the joint City/Township planning body on requests for the extension of such service. In addition, the Municipal Administrator may consult and seek the advice of the Planning Commission when he deems it appropriate. In the event a request for an extension of such service is disapproved, the applicant may request that Council review the Municipal Administrator’s decision. Council may affirm, modify, or reverse the decision of the Administrator.
(Ord. 24-97. Passed 7-14-97.)
(Ord. 24-97. Passed 7-14-97.)