Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The purpose of this chapter is to provide for the health, safety, and general welfare of the citizens of the town through the regulation of all discharges to the storm drainage system. This chapter establishes methods for controlling the introduction of pollutants into the municipal separate storm sewer system (MS4) in order to comply with requirements of the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit process.
(B) The objectives of this chapter are:
(1) To prevent the contribution of pollutants to the MS4 by stormwater discharges by any user;
(2) To prohibit illicit connections and discharges to the municipal separate storm sewer system;
(3) To establish legal authority to carry out all inspection, surveillance, monitoring and enforcement procedures necessary to ensure compliance with this chapter;
(4) To require the removal of all such illicit connections; and
(5) To comply with state and federal statutes and regulations relating to stormwater discharges.
(Ord. O-2011-23, passed 5-11-2011)