Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Allowable Signs:
a. One church bulletin board shall be allowed on the same premises, provided said sign does not exceed fifty (50) square feet per face toward each roadway.
b. Two (2) directional signs not exceeding ten (10) square feet per face are permitted at each entrance from every street serving the premises.
2. Directional Signs: Two (2) signs per entry/exit not exceeding ten (10) square feet per face.
3. Memorial Or Tablet Signs: One sign not exceeding six (6) square feet per face, unless such signs are installed by the federal, state, county, or municipal government agencies. (1999 Code § 19.09)
4. Political Signs: The maximum area for any one sign shall be eight (8) square feet, with a total of sixteen (16) square feet permitted for each lot or unit. (1999 Code § 19.09; amd. Ord. 2011-01, 1-11-2011)
5. Project Identification Sign: One sign not exceeding thirty two (32) square feet per face shall be allowed per multi-family project, except where the project fronts on two (2) or more streets. One sign shall be permitted on each frontage, provided the project has a major traffic entrance on the street where the sign is to be erected.
6. Public Or Semipublic Buildings, Or Public Park Identification Sign: One sign per street frontage not exceeding thirty two (32) square feet per face, inclusive of any logo.
7. Real Estate Signs: One sign per lot frontage not exceeding six (6) square feet per face.
8. Residential Development Signs:
a. Promotional Signs: One sign not exceeding one hundred twenty (120) square feet per face.
b. Directional Signs: Any number of signs not exceeding sixteen (16) square feet per face. Such signs may include directions to the development and pertinent information concerning the developer, but shall exclude promotional information.
9. Special Displays And Other Temporary Signs: See subsection 8-3-13B of this chapter.
10. Subdivision Identification Signs: Two (2) permanent subdivision signs not exceeding fifty (50) square feet per face, inclusive of any logo, shall be allowed per development. Where the development has access on two (2) or more streets, or has more than one entrance on one street, identification shall be allowed at each entrance.
B. Location And Height:
1. Ground Signs: Ground signs shall be located at least ten feet (10') from any property line, and all signs shall meet the sight triangle requirements of section 8-3-7 of this chapter.
2. Church Bulletin Board Signs: Maximum height is fifteen feet (15').
3. Directional Signs: Maximum height is three and one-half feet (3.5') above the elevation of the adjacent driveway at the point which it meets the street right of way.
4. Memorial Or Tablet Signs: Maximum height is six feet (6'). For signs included in subsections A6, A8 and A10 of this section, maximum height is eight feet (8').
5. Project Identification Sign: Maximum height is six feet (6').
6. Real Estate Signs: Maximum height is six feet (6').
C. Other Requirements:
1. Construction Signs: Signs identifying mechanics, painters, architects, engineers, and similar artisans and workmen which are attached to or on trailers on the site of construction shall be permitted; provided, that upon completion of the project, the trailer must be removed within one week. These trailers are to be located at least ten feet (10') from the street. All such signs shall be removed within two (2) years from the date of issuance of the sign permit, or when the project has received an approved final inspection.
2. Directional Signs: May contain the street address or name of the business center or the name of the building, trademark, logo, or similar matter; provided, that a maximum of fifty percent (50%) of the sign area is used for this purpose.
3. Residential Development Project Sign: Such signs shall be removed within two (2) years from the date of issuance of the sign permit, or when eighty percent (80%) of the lots or dwelling units have been sold, whichever circumstance occurs first.
4. Real Estate Signs: Shall be removed within five (5) days following the date of closing or lease initiation. (1999 Code § 19.09)