Skip to code content (skip section selection)
Building Identification sequence will start on the right side of the “main” approved addressed entrance and flow in a counterclockwise spiral direction consecutively numbering each building from outward to the inward. Individual unit identification numbers will begin with the first and most outward building on the right side of the main approved entrance and flow in a counterclockwise spiral direction consecutively numbering each unit.
A. When multiple buildings exist on one property, the following standards will be upheld:
1. Letters are to be used on the buildings on the furthest pop out to maximize visibility.
2. Letters on the building should be legible and placed in the front of the building facing the parking lot/roadway. If there is more than one entrance into the building(s) letters need to be placed on all entrances that are from the parking lot.
3. When a complex has multiple units, letters should be consistently placed on the buildings in the same location.
4. Letters should be in contrast with the background of the building color.
5. Size of letters shall be fifteen inches (15") high for single story buildings, twenty-one inches (21") high for two story buildings, and twenty-seven inches (27")) high for three story and higher buildings. Letters should be placed near the top of the building to avoid obstruction and maximize visibility. Trees shall not be permitted to be planted below the attached letters or in a way that could potentially obstruct the letters when fully mature.
6. Letters shall be lighted for night-time visibility, whether by independent letter lighting or by illumination from an alternative light source.
7. Numbers are to be used on the units (internally) and should be Arabic or alphabetical letters. (Ord. 2019-27, 12-11-2019; amd. Ord. 2021-22, 7-28-2021)