Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The town has considered the issue and has determined that curfew times as now established by IC 31-37-3-2 are later than reasonable for public safety under the conditions found to exist in the town, and therefore the following curfews shall apply within this town.
(A) It is a curfew violation for a child 15, 16 or 17 years or age to be in a public place in the town:
(1) Between 12:00 midnight and 5:00 a.m. on Saturday or Sunday;
(2) After 10:00 p.m. on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday; or
(3) Before 5:00 a.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.
(B) It is a curfew violation for a child under 15 years of age to be in a public place after 10:00 p.m. or before 5:00 a.m. on any day.
(C) This section does not apply to a child who is:
(1) Accompanied by his parent, guardian, or custodian;
(2) Accompanied by an adult specified by his parent, guardian, or custodian; or
(3) Participating in, going to, or returning from:
(a) Lawful employment;
(b) A school sanctioned activity; or
(c) A religious event.
(D) The penalty for violation of this section shall be the same as prescribed for the violation of the state- established curfew under IC 31- 37-3-2, or its successor, as applicable at the time of that violator.
(Ord. 1986-7, passed 12-9-86) Penalty, see § 130.99