Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The city hereby establishes the office of the City Clerk/Finance.
(B) The office of City Clerk/Finance may, by ordinance, be combined with any other nonelected city office by inclusion of the title and duties of such office.
(C) The duties and responsibilities of the City Clerk/Finance shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
(1) Maintenance and safekeeping of the permanent records of the city;
(2) Performance of the duties required of the "official custodian" or "custodian" pursuant to KRS 61.870 through 61.882;
(3) Possession of the seal of the city, if used;
(4) No later than January 31 of each year, mail to the Department for Local Government a list containing current city information including but not limited to the following:
(a) The correct name of the Mayor, City Council members, and the following appointed officials who are serving as of January 1 of each year:
1. City Clerk;
2. City Treasurer;
3. City Manager;
4. City Attorney;
5. Finance Director;
6. Police Chief;
7. Fire Chief; and
8. Public Works Director;
(b) The correct name of the city, mailing address for city hall, and telephone number of the city hall; and
(c) The name and telephone number of either an elected or appointed official to serve as a contact person that may be reached during normal business hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.;
(5) Performance of all other duties and responsibilities required of the City Clerk/Finance by statute or ordinance.
(D) Before entering on the duties of his office, the City Clerk/Finacne shall take the oath as required by Section 228 of the State Constitution.
(E) Compensation for the office shall be included in the city's compensation plan.
See the job description included in the city's classification plan for additional duties and responsibilities of the office.