Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) For the purpose of this section, the following definitions shall apply unless the context clearly indicates or requires a different meaning.
(1) APPLICANT. The owner, or the individual or business authorized by the owner, to obtain the necessary construction permits.
(2) BUILDING PERMIT. The permit issued by the Local Building Code Official after the applicant has paid the building permit fee.
(3) BUILDING PERMIT FEE. The fee or fees required to be paid to the Local Building Code Official for permits for residential construction pursuant to division (E) below.
(4) CONSTRUCTION. Any new construction of buildings or other types of structures, whether residential, commercial, or industrial, or any other type of construction including in-ground swimming pools, whether new construction or an addition to an existing structure.
(5) LOCAL BUILDING CODE OFFICIAL. The duly appointed official and his assistants selected by the Boone County Fiscal Court to collect fees and issue the building permits required by this section.
(B) Application. This section shall only be effective in the incorporated area of the city.
(C) Demolition. Before any person, business, or corporation may demolish or destroy any structure within the incorporated area of the city, said person, business, or corporation shall apply to and receive from the Local Building Code Official, a permit before demolition or destruction of the structure commences.
(D) Above-ground pools. Before any person, business, or corporation places or allows to be placed any above-ground swimming pool on any property within the incorporated area of the city, that person, business, or corporation must first obtain from the Local Building Code Official, a permit to place the structure on property within the incorporated area of the city.
(E) Required fees. A schedule of fees for the issuance of building permits, demolition permits, and permits for above-ground swimming pools is hereby established as follows:
(1) Building permit and inspection fees:
Estimated Construction Costs
Permit and Inspection Fee
$0 - 999.99
1,000 - 4,999.99
5,000 - 9,999.99
10,000 - 14,999.99
15,000 - 29,999.99
30,000 - 49,999.99
50,000 - 74,999.99
75,000 - 99,999.99
100,000 - 149,999.99
150,000 - 199,999.99
200,000 - 249,999.99
250,000 - 349,999.99
350,000 - 499,999.99
500,000 - 749,999.99
750,000 - 999,999.99
1,000,000 - 1,999,999.99
2,000,000 - 2,999,999.99
3,000,000 - 3,999,999.99
4,000,000 - 4,999,999.99
5,000,000 - 5,999,999.99
6,500 plus 1,000 for each additional million dollars of construction
(2) The following formula will be utilized in the establishment of construction costs for residential dwellings:
Type of Construction
Cost Per Square Foot
(3) Above-ground swimming pool permit fees and deck fees: there shall be a ten dollars ($10.00) fee for the required permit, which permit shall be issued before construction begins, or twenty dollars ($20.00) fee for permit issued after construction begins.
(F) Any person, business, or corporation who begins construction of any structure within the incorporated area of the city without having previously obtained a permit for said construction, shall pay double the cost of the permit as described in division (E) above.
(Ord. 1987-5, passed 2-9-87; Am. Ord. 1992-20, passed 12-4-92) Penalty, see § 150.99