Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) All applicants for licenses required by this chapter shall file a written, sworn application with the Clerk-Treasurer. This application shall be signed by the applicant if an individual, or by all partners if a partnership, or by the president if a corporation. Applications should be made on forms available in the office of the Clerk-Treasurer. The application shall state:
(1) The name and address of the applicant;
(2) (a) The name of the individual having management authority or supervision of the applicant's business during the time that it is proposed to be carried on in the city;
(b) The local address of such individual;
(c) The permanent address of such individual;
(d) The capacity in which such individual will act;
(3) The name and address of the person, if any, for whose purpose the business will be carried on, and, if a corporation, the state of incorporation;
(4) The time period for periods during which it is proposed to carry on applicant's business;
(5) (a) The nature, character, and quality of the goods for services to be offered for sale or delivered;
(b) If goods, their invoice value and whether they are to be sold by sample as well as from stock;
(c) If goods, where and by whom such goods are manufactured or grown and where such goods are at the time of application;
(6) The nature of the advertising proposed to be done for the business;
(7) Whether or not the applicant, or the individual identified in division (A)(2)(a) above, or the person identified in division (A)(3) has been convicted of any crime or misdemeanor and, if so, the nature of each offense and the penalty assessed for each offense.
(B) All applications for peddler or solicitor licenses shall state, in addition to statements required by division (A):
(1) A description of the applicant;
(2) A description of any vehicle proposed to be used in the business, including its registration number, if any.
(C) All applicants for licenses required by this chapter shall attach to their application the following:
(1) Two letters of recommendation from any person residing or doing business in the city certifying the applicant's good moral character and business responsibility; or, in lieu of such letters, other evidence which may be used by the Clerk-Treasurer to satisfy his duties under § 112.04;
(2) If required by the Clerk-Treasurer, copies of all printed advertising proposed to be used in connection with the applicant's business;
(3) Credentials from the person, if any, for which the applicant proposes to do business, authorizing the applicant to act as such representative.
(D) Applicants who propose to handle foodstuffs shall also attach to their application, in addition to attachments required under division (C), a statement from a licensed physician, dated not more than ten days prior to the date of application, certifying the applicant to be free of contagious or communicable disease.
(E) Upon receipt of the application, the Clerk-Treasurer shall cause a set of applicant's fingerprints to be taken and attached to the application; he shall also cause a picture of the applicant to be taken and to be attached to the application.
Penalty, see § 112.99