Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The owner, occupant, or agent of an organization, business or group that uses any type of fireworks or pyrotechnic special effects materials used in motion pictures, television, and theatrical and group entertainment productions, either indoors or outdoors, shall obtain an information permit issued by the Valparaiso Bureau of Fire Prevention seven calendar days prior to the use of the pyrotechnical devices. This permit shall be in addition to any other permits required by federal or state agencies. The permit must be made available upon request of a Fire Department Official. A fee of $50 shall accompany any request for a Permit and shall be due and payable upon application therefor.
(B) The storage, use and handing of fireworks and pyrotechnics special effects shall be in accordance with IFC (675 IAC 22), Article 78 and I.C. 22-11-14, and current edition of NFPA standard for fireworks.
(C) The Valparaiso Fire Department Pyrotechnics Permit must be signed by the Fire Chief or his designee and contain the following information to be valid:
(1) Name, address and phone number of the pyrotechnic company doing the production or display;
(2) Name and qualifications of the pyrotechnic operator doing the production or display;
(3) Contact name, address and phone for whom the production or display is being performed;
(4) A detailed location where the display shall take place;
(5) Date and time of the display;
(6) Estimated number of pyrotechnical devices to be used and length of show; and
(7) A copy of a certificate of insurance conditioned for damages and/or injury to persons or property in the amount of not less than $100,000 shall be attached to the permit.