Skip to code content (skip section selection)
For the purpose of this chapter, the following definitions shall apply unless the context clearly indicates or requires a different meaning.
(1) 11:00 p.m. on any Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday until 6:00 a.m. of the following day; and
(2) 12:01 a.m. until 6:00 a.m. on any Saturday or Sunday.
EMERGENCY. An unforseen combination of circumstances or the resulting state that calls for immediate action. The term includes, but is not limited to, a fire, a natural disaster, automobile accident or any situation requiring immediate action to prevent serious bodily injury or loss of life.
ESTABLISHMENT. Any privately-owned place of business operated for a profit to which the public is invited, including, but not limited to, any place of amusement or entertainment.
(1) A person who, under court order, is the guardian of the person of a minor; or
(2) A public or private agency with whom a minor has been placed by a court.
MINOR. Any person under 17 years of age.
(1) Any individual, firm, association, partnership, or corporation operating, managing or conducting any establishment.
(2) The term includes the members or partners of an association or partnership and the officers of a corporation.
PARENT. A person who is:
(1) A natural parent, adoptive parent or stepparent of another person; or
(2) At least 18 years of age and authorized by a parent or guardian to have the care and custody of a minor.
PUBLIC PLACE. Any place to which the public or a substantial group of the public has access and includes, but is not limited to, streets, highways and the common areas of schools, hospitals, apartment houses, office buildings, transport facilities and shops.
(1) Linger or stay; or
(2) Fail to leave premises when requested to do so by a police officer or the owner, operator or other person in control of the premises.
SERIOUS BODILY INJURY. Bodily injury that creates a substantial risk of death or that causes death, serious permanent disfigurement or protracted loss or impairment of the function of any bodily member or organ.
(Ord. passed 12-15-1997)