The town council or any person specifically authorized by the council shall investigate into every public nuisance within the town, and the town council shall have the power to deliver a request for abatement to any person in control of any public nuisance. Any request for abatement delivered by the town council shall be in writing and shall state the nature of the nuisance or nuisances which are to be abated and shall specify a reasonable time within which such nuisance or nuisances are to be abated. It is the duty of any person in control of any public nuisance within the town to abate the nuisance upon receiving a request for abatement from the town council within the time specified in the request. (Ord. 4(2009) § 1)