Skip to code content (skip section selection)
ORDINANCE NO. 26
SERIES OF 1997
AN ORDINANCE ADOPTING THE TOWN CODE OF VAIL, COLORADO
WHEREAS, the Vail Municipal Code was originally published in 1977 and kept current by regular supplementation; and
WHEREAS, with the passage of time it was appropriate to review the entire Municipal Code to assure its consistency and appropriate references throughout the document; and
WHEREAS, the entire document has been reviewed under the direction of the Town Attorney and Town Clerk.
NOW THEREFORE, be it ordained by the Mayor and Town Council of the Town of Vail, Colorado:
1. From and after the date of passage of this Ordinance, the Town Code of the Town of Vail, Colorado prepared by Sterling Codifiers, Inc. containing the compilation of all ordinances of a general nature together with the changes made to said ordinances, under the direction of the governing body of the Town, shall be accepted in all courts without question as the Official Code and Law of the Town as enacted by the Mayor and Town Council.
2. There is hereby adopted, as a method of perpetual codification, the loose-leaf type of binding together with the continuous supplement service, provided by Sterling Codifiers, Inc., whereby each newly adopted ordinance of a general and permanent nature amending, altering, adding or deleting provision of the Official Town Code is identified by the proper catch line and is inserted in the proper place in each of the official copies, three (3) copies of which shall be maintained in the office of the Town Clerk, certified as to correctness and available for inspection at any and all times that said office is regularly open.
3. All ordinances of a general nature included in this Official Town Code shall be considered as a continuation of said ordinance provision and the fact that some provisions have been deliberately eliminated by the governing body shall not serve to cause any interruption in the continuous effectiveness of ordinances included in said Official Town Code. All ordinances of a special nature, such as tax levy ordinances, bond ordinances, franchises, vacating ordinances and annexation ordinances shall continue in full force and effect unless specifically repealed or amended by a provision of the Town Code. Such ordinances are not intended to be included in the Official Town Code.
4. It shall be unlawful for any person, firm or corporation to change or amend by additions or deletions, any part or portion of such Code, or to insert or delete pages or portions thereof, or to alter or tamper with such Code in any manner whatsoever which will cause the law of the Town to be misrepresented thereby.
5. All ordinances or parts of ordinances in conflict herewith, are, to the extent of such conflict, hereby repealed.
6. This Ordinance and the Code adopted by the same shall be in full force and effect from and after its passage and approval in accordance with law, as printed and published in book form by order of the Mayor and Town Council.
7. If any part, section, subsection, sentence, clause or phrase of this ordinance is for any reason held to be invalid, such decision shall not affect the validity of the remaining portions of this ordinance; and the Town Council hereby declares it would have passed this ordinance, and each part, section, subsection, sentence, clause or phrase thereof, regardless of the fact that any one or more parts, sections, subsections, sentences, clauses or phrases be declared invalid.
8. The Town Council hereby finds, determines, and declares that this ordinance is necessary and proper for the health, safety, and welfare of the Town of Vail and the inhabitants thereof.
9. The repeal or the repeal and reenactment of any provision of the Municipal Code of the Town of Vail as provided in this ordinance shall not affect any right which has accrued, any duty imposed, any violation that occurred prior to the effective date hereof, any prosecution commenced, nor any other action or proceedings as commenced under or by virtue of the provision repealed or repealed and reenacted. The repeal of any provision hereby shall not revive any provision or any ordinance previously repealed or superseded unless expressly stated herein.
10. All bylaws, orders, resolutions, and ordinances, or parts thereof, inconsistent herewith are repealed to the extent only of such inconsistency. This repealer shall not be construed to revise any bylaw, order, resolution, or ordinance, or part thereof, theretofore repealed.
INTRODUCED, READ, APPROVED, AND ORDERED PUBLISHED ONCE IN FULL ON FIRST READING this 2nd day of December, 1997, and a public hearing shall be held on this Ordinance on the 16th day of December, 1997, at 7:30 p.m. in the Council Chambers of the Vail Municipal Building, Vail, Colorado.