A resident may request to "opt out" of the exclusive residential garbage service contract provided by the village if the residence is vacant, or will be vacant for a minimum of 90 calendar days. "Opt out" requests must be made in writing to the Village Office and are granted at the sole discretion of the Village Manager or their designee. The village may withdraw any granted "opt out" should the residence no longer be in compliance with the village ordinances or zoning code as it pertains to trash, rubbish, and garbage. "Opt out" requests must be made a minimum of 30 days before being in effect. A residence may opt back in by request in writing a minimum of 30 days prior to the service start. Written requests can be sent to the Village Office, 101 S. Broadway St., Union City, MI 49094.
(Ord. 52.00, passed 3-8-2021)