Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Investigation And Recommendation For Permits: The Twin Falls fire department may cause an investigation to be made of each application and applicant.
(B) Grant Or Denial Of Permits: The Twin Falls fire department shall have the power in its discretion to grant or deny any application, subject to such reasonable conditions, if any, as it shall prescribe so long as the denial of the application or any conditions imposed on the granting of the application are reasonably necessary for protection of the public health, safety and welfare.
(C) Terms Of Permits: A safe and sane fireworks permit or a dangerous fireworks permit, issued pursuant to this chapter, shall be valid only within the calendar year in which issued. A permit shall be valid only for the specific premises or location designated in the permit. However, subject to reasonable conditions necessary for protection of the public health, safety and welfare, an applicant may be granted permits for more than one premises or location within the city. No permit shall be transferable or assignable.
(D) Time Of Application For Safe And Sane Fireworks Permit: Each application for a permit to sell safe and sane fireworks at retail shall be filed with the Twin Falls fire department, a minimum of thirty (30) days prior to a date on which the retail sale of safe and sane fireworks is authorized under this chapter.
(E) Appeal Of The Twin Falls Fire Department Decision: If the applicant is aggrieved by the decision of the Twin Falls fire department, the applicant may appeal such decision to the Twin Falls fire department administration, within seven (7) days of notice of the decision of the Twin Falls fire department. The applicant must, in writing, appeal to the Twin Falls fire department administration, and set forth the reasons therefor why the applicant should not be denied a license. The Twin Falls fire department administration shall set the time and place for a hearing a reasonable period of time subsequent to applicant's written notice of appeal. Notice of such hearing shall be personally served upon the applicant, or mailed postage prepaid to the applicant at his/her last known address, at least three (3) days prior to the date of the hearing. The order of the Twin Falls fire department administration shall be final.
(F) Miscellaneous Permit Conditions For The Storage Of Safe And Sane And Dangerous Fireworks:
1. Minimum occupancy separation shall be required pursuant to the international building code.
2. Exits shall comply with the international building code.
3. Portable fire extinguishers shall be installed in the building as required by the international fire code.
4. Automatic fire extinguisher systems shall be in accordance with the international building code.
5. License or permit holders shall maintain records of all transactions involving safe and sane fireworks regarding the sale and acquisition of such fireworks.
6. Conspicuous signs shall be placed and posted at intervals not less than fifty feet (50') inside and outside of the building with the language:
Warning - No Smoking
7. All provisions as currently adopted by the city pursuant to the international building code and international fire code shall be required. (Ord. 3042, 12-17-2012)