Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Compliance. No person shall divide any land located within the jurisdictional limits of these regulations which results in a subdivision, land division, land conveyance, consolidation, or a replat as defined herein; no such subdivision, land division, land conveyance, consolidation, or replat shall be entitled to recording; and no street shall be laid out, nor improvements made to land, nor building permits issued for any land division without compliance with all requirements of this Chapter and the following:
(1) The provisions of Ch. 236 and Sec. 80.08, Wis. Stats.
(2) The rules of the Division of Plumbing, Wisconsin Department of Industry, Labor and Human Relations, contained in Wis. Adm. Code Chapter H85 for subdivisions not served by public sewer.
(3) The rules of the Division of Highways, Wisconsin Department of Transportation contained in Wis. Adm. Code Chapter HY 33 for subdivisions which abut a state trunk highway or connecting street.
(4) The rules of the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources contained in the Wis. Adm. Code for the Floodplain Management Program, and the Shoreland/Wetlands Management Program.
(5) Comprehensive plans or components of such plans prepared by state, regional, county or municipal agencies duly adopted by the Village Board.
(6) All applicable local and county regulations, including zoning, sanitary, building and official mapping ordinances.
(7) The Village of Turtle Lake Master Plan and Official Map, or components thereof:
a. Whenever a parcel to be subdivided embraces any part of a street, highway or greenway designated in said Master Plan or Official Map, such part of such proposed public way shall be platted and dedicated by the subdivider in the location and at a width indicated along with all other streets in the subdivision.
b. Where a proposed school site or other public ground shown on the Master Plan or Official Map of the Village of Turtle Lake is located in whole or in part within the proposed subdivision, such proposed public ground or park shall be dedicated to the public when dedication is required by this Chapter or reserved for a period of up to five (5) years from the date of approval of the final plat for acquisition by the Village of Turtle Lake, or any other appropriate agency having the authority to purchase said property. The Village, or other agency having the authority to purchase said property, and the subdivider shall enter into an agreement which provides for the purchase of the lands held in reserve prior to the conclusion of the five (5) year period.
(8) All applicable rules contained in the Wisconsin Administrative Code not listed in this Subsection.
(9) The Village's sewer and water rules on file with the Public Service Commission of the State of Wisconsin concerning sewer and water installations and services. These rules are incorporated herein by reference and made a part hereof as though fully set forth herein.
(b) Jurisdiction; Extra-Territorial Plat Approval Jurisdiction. Jurisdiction of these regulations shall include all lands within the corporate limits of the Village as well as the unincorporated area within the Village of Turtle Lake, has elected to approve plats under its extraterritorial plat approval jurisdiction as provided in Chapter 236 and 66.32 of Wisconsin Statutes. The provisions of this Chapter, as they apply to divisions of tracts of land into less than five (5) parcels, shall not apply to:
(1) Transfers of interests in land by will or pursuant to court order;
(2) Leases for a term not to exceed ten (10) years, mortgages or easements;
(3) Sale or exchange of parcels of land between adjoining property owners or where not more than one (1) additional lot is created and said lot is not less than the minimum size required by applicable laws or ordinances. No more than one (1) lot may be created in this fashion within a one (1) year period.
(c) Certified Survey. Any division of land other than a subdivision as defined in Sec. 236.02(8), Wis. Stats., shall be surveyed and a certified survey map prepared as provided in Sec. 236.34, Wis. Stats.
(d) Compliance; Issuance of Permits. The Village of Turtle Lake shall not recognize, and no building or other permits shall be issued by the Village authorizing the building on, occupancy, or improvement of any parcel of land not on record as of the effective date of this Chapter until the provisions and requirements of this Chapter have been fully complied with and a resolution approving the land division has been adopted by the Village Board of the Village.
(e) Applicability to Condominiums. This Chapter is expressly applicable to condominium developments within the Village's jurisdiction, pursuant to Sec. 703.27(1), Wis. Stats. For purposes of this Chapter, a condominium unit and any associated limited common elements shall be deemed to be equivalent to a lot or parcel created by the act of subdivision.
(f) Recording of Plats or Certified Surveys. Plats and certified surveys, approved by the Village Board of the Village of Turtle Lake, must be recorded together with the adopting resolution, with the County Register of Deeds within thirty (30) days of the date of the last resolution of approval and not later than six (6) months following the date of the first resolution of approval. Land divisions shall not be recognized by the Village until recorded with the Register of Deeds. The volume, page, and document numbers of the recording, shall be filed with the Village Administrator and Building Inspector prior to issuance of any permits. The subdivider shall file six (6) certified copies of the approved land division with the Village Administrator.