Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Within either 180 days after the effective date of a categorical pretreatment standard, or the final administrative decision on a category determination under 40 C.F.R. 403.6 (a)(4), whichever is later, existing categorical users currently discharging to or scheduled to discharge to the POTW shall submit to the Control Authority a report which contains the information listed in §52.076. At least 90 days prior to commencement of their discharge, new sources, and sources that become categorical users subsequent to the promulgation of an applicable categorical standard, shall be required to submit to the Control Authority a report which contains the information listed in division (B). A new source shall report the method of pretreatment it intends to use to meet applicable categorical standards. A new source also shall give estimates of its anticipated flow and quantity of pollutants to be discharged.
(B) Users described above shall submit the information set forth below.
(1) Identifying information. The name and address of the facility, including the name of the operator and owner.
(2) Environmental permits. A list of any environmental control permits held by or for the facility.
(3) Description of operations. A brief description of the nature, average rate of production, and standard industrial classifications of the operation(s) carried out by such user, this description should include a schematic process diagram which indicates points of discharge to the POTW from the regulated processes.
(4) Flow management. Information showing the measured average daily and maximum daily flow, in gallons per day, to the POTW from regulated process streams and other streams, as necessary, to allow use of the combined wastestream formula set out in 40 C.F.R. 403.6(e).
(5) Measurement of pollutant process.
(a) The categorical pretreatment standards applicable to each regulated process.
(b) The results of sampling and analysis identifying the nature and concentration (and/or mass, where required by the standard or by the Control Authority) of regulated pollutants in the discharge from each regulated process. Instantaneous, daily maximum, and long term, average commemorations or mass, where required, shall be reported. The sample shall be representative of daily operations and shall be analyzed in accordance with procedures set out in this chapter.
(c) Sampling must be performed in accordance with procedures set out in this chapter.
(6) Certification. A statement, reviewed by the user's authorized signatory and certified by a qualified professional, indicating whether pretreatment standards are being met on a consistent basis, and, if not, whether additional Operation and Maintenance (O&M) and/or additional pretreatment, is required to meet the pretreatment standards and requirements.
(7) Compliance schedule. If additional pretreatment and/or O&M will be required to meet the pretreatment standards, the shortest schedule by which the user will provide such additional pretreatment and/or O&M. The completion date in this schedule shall not be later than the compliance date established for the applicable pretreatment standard. A compliance schedule pursuant to this section must meet the requirements set out in this chapter.
(8) Signature and certification. All baseline monitoring reports must be signed and certified in accordance with this chapter.
(Ord. 2005-8-226, passed 8-2-05)