Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Except as authorized by law, no person shall operate or permit the operation of any sound amplification system which:
1. Can be heard outside the vehicle from fifty (50) or more feet; or
2. Annoys or disturbs the quiet, comfort or repose of any person in the vicinity;
3. Unless the system is being operated to request assistance of an emergency nature or to warn of a hazardous situation.
B. Subsection A of this section shall not apply to:
1. An authorized emergency vehicle;
2. A vehicle operated by a gas, electric, communications or water utility company or governmental entity; or
3. A vehicle used for advertising in a parade or in a political or other special event permitted by the city.
C. For the purposes of this section, "sound amplification system" means any device, instrument or system, whether electrical or mechanical or utility company or governmental entity; or otherwise, for amplifying sound or for producing or reproducing sound, including, but not limited to, any radio, stereo, musical instrument, phonograph, or sound or musical recorder or player.
D. A violation of this provision shall be punishable by fine not to exceed twenty five dollars ($25.00) for the first offense, fifty dollars ($50.00) for the second offense, and one hundred dollars ($100.00) for each subsequent offense. (Ord. 10-1995, 10-11-1995)