Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The following customer service standards have been established as a guide for employees and as a reminder that the spirit in which employees discharge their duties is just as important as the work itself.
(B) Employees should make every first impression a positive one.
(1) First impressions impact every subsequent interaction. Employees should be aware of their body language and tone of voice from the first moment of customer contact.
(2) Employees should use appropriate phone etiquette and state their department and name every time they answer the phone.
(3) Employees should keep in mind that from the customer’s perspective, the employee is the village.
(4) Employees should always be aware that some customers may have multiple relationships with various departments and that those relationships don’t end even though the interaction is complete.
(5) Employees should create a welcoming atmosphere through their actions and words; even when they must bear bad news, they should do so in a professional, courteous manner.
(6) Employees should never lose sight of the fact that they are here to serve and attend to the needs of their customers, whoever they may be.
(Ord. 17-O-06, passed 3-7-2017)