Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) No person operating a motorized bicycle shall remove both feet from the pedals or practice or perform any acrobatic riding on any of the streets or public places in the city.
(B) The operator of a motorized bicycle emerging from an alley, driveway or building, shall, upon approaching a sidewalk or the sidewalk area extending across any alleyway, yield the right- of-way to all pedestrians approaching on such sidewalk or sidewalk area, and upon entering the roadway shall yield the right-of-way to all vehicles approaching on the roadway.
(C) No person shall ride a motorized bicycle upon a sidewalk.
(D) No person shall operate a motorized bicycle:
(1) Without due regard for the safety and rights of pedestrians and drivers and occupants of all other vehicles, and so as to endanger the life, limb, or property of any person while in the lawful use of the streets or sidewalks or any other public or private property.
(2) Without exercising reasonable and ordinary control over the motorized bicycle.
(3) In a weaving or zigzag course, unless the irregular course is necessary for safe operation or in compliance with law.
(4) Without both hands upon the handle grips, except when necessary to give the required hand and arm signals.
(5) At a speed greater than is reasonable and prudent under the conditions then existing.
(E) No person shall park a moped upon a street or sidewalk in such a manner as to obstruct pedestrian or vehicular traffic.
(1974 Code,§§ 75.06, 75.11) (Ord. 15-83, passed 6-20-1983) Penalty, see § 75.99