Sec. 18-151. Generally.
   (a)   Any person who owns or operates a facility producing or proposed to produce wastewater of any quantity, strength, or other quality which would not, or may not, meet the conditions and limitations set forth in this article, and who is connected to, or desires to make connection to the public sanitary sewer, shall make application to the director for a waste discharge permit authorizing continued discharge, or an industrial connection for discharging, of the described attendant wastewater. No industrial waste, pretreated waste, or any waste other than normal wastewater shall be permitted to connect to the town's sanitary sewer system without the prior approval of the director of public utilities.
   (b)   The building inspector will not issue a building permit or certificate of compliance for any structure for an industrial user until the applicant presents to him a certified copy of a completed and approved industrial sewer connection and waste discharge application.
(Ord. No. 1992-1, 1-7-92; Ord. No. 2021-09, 5-4-21)