Sec. 18-62. Applications.
   (a)   Any property owner desiring water and sewer service shall apply in writing to the department of public utilities.
   (b)   The town may require that the applicant submit as part of the written application such information, plans or other data as may be required to adequately determine if the requirements of this division are to be met.
   (c)   When an application is made for water and sewer extension to serve an area or development project that is planned as part of a larger project or subdivision, all of which is not to be developed at the time such application is made, the owner shall submit plans in sufficient detail to determine the sizes and types of facilities which will be necessary to serve the entire development or subdivision when completed.
   (d)   No extension to the water and sewer system of the town shall be made and no application shall be approved, except in accordance with the requirements of this division.
   (e)   Extensions of water only or sewer only will not normally be made to any undeveloped areas. Applicants will be responsible for the costs of engineering, permitting, construction, and inspection for all connections to the system. The town council may grant exceptions to the prohibition against water-only or sewer-only extensions if it makes a finding that: (a) the extension is necessary to alleviate a severe or urgent public health condition, or (b) the extension implements a previously established strategic, land use, or economic development plan or objective of the town.
(Ord. No. 1992-1, 1-7-92; Ord. No. 2001-2, § 4, 1-8-01; Ord. No. 2021-09, 5-4-21)