Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The town manager shall be the chief administrator of the town. He shall be responsible to the council for administering all municipal affairs placed in his charge by them, and shall have the following powers and duties:
(1) He shall appoint and suspend or remove all town officers and employees not elected by the people, and whose appointment or removal is not otherwise provided for by law, except the town attorney, in accordance with such general personnel rules, regulations, policies, or ordinances as the council may adopt.
(2) He shall direct and supervise the administration of all departments, offices, and agencies of the town, subject to the general direction and control of the council, except as otherwise provided by law.
(3) He shall attend all meetings of the council and recommend any measures that he deems expedient.
(4) He shall see that all laws of the state, the town charter, and the ordinances, resolutions, and regulations of the council are faithfully executed within the town.
(5) He shall prepare and submit the annual budget and capital program to the council.
(6) He shall annually submit to the council and make available to the public a complete report on the finances and administrative activities of the town as of the end of the fiscal year.
(7) He shall make any other reports that the council may require concerning the operations of town departments, offices, and agencies subject to his direction and control.
(8) He shall perform any other duties that may be required or authorized by the council.
(Ord. of 10-7-80)