Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The following words, terms and phrases, when used in this article, shall have the meanings ascribed to them in this section, except where the context clearly indicates a different meaning:
Abandoned boat or watercraft means a boat or watercraft that:
(1) Has been left in a waterway, canal, or sound or ocean area in violation of a law, provision of this Code or other ordinances of the town.
(2) Is left on property owned or operated by the town for longer than twenty-four (24) hours.
(3) Is left on private property without the consent of the owner, occupant or lessee thereof.
(4) Is left on any public street or highway, canal, waterway, sound or ocean for longer than twenty-four (24) hours. Unless a town official or employee has declared such vehicle to be a health or safety, in that case it shall be removed immediately
(5) Is sunk or partially sunk and has been left in that condition for more than seven (7) days.
Junked boat or watercraft means an abandoned boat or watercraft that also:
(1) Is partially dismantled or wrecked.
(2) Cannot be self-propelled or moved in the manner in which it was originally intended to move.
(3) Does not display a current registration sticker.
Boat or watercraft means all devices designed or intended to travel over water by self-propulsion, sail, oars, paddles, poles, or any other means.
(Ord. No. 1995-7, 6-6-95; Ord. No. 2021-05, § 1 (part), 4-6-2021)