Skip to code content (skip section selection)
1) No portable signs are permitted.
2) No flashing, rotating or scrolling signs are permitted.
3) No roof signs are permitted except that they:
a) Do not extend above/from the roof peak and are attached no closer than two (2) feet above the lowest edge of the roof line;
b) Do not exceed more than four (4) feet above the roof peak on a flat, 1/2:12 pitch, roof;
c) Are attached in accordance with the building code; and
d) With the combination of other permitted signs, remain within the maximum square footage of total sign area allowed.
4) No combination of permitted signs exceeding the permitted total sign area will be allowed.
5) No sign of any kind may be permitted on or over any public right-of-way with the exception of:
a) Directional and informational signs erected and maintained by public agencies and/or governmental bodies,
6) No single sign exceeding sixty-four (64) square feet is permitted, except:
a) Freestanding multi-tenant signs not exceeding six (6) feet in height may have a maximum size of ninety-six (96) square feet.
b) Anchor tenants and big box centers exceeding ten thousand (10,000) square feet shall be allowed to increase a sign by thirty-three (33) percent of the size permitted by this ordinance for wall signs. (Ex. Sixty-four (64) square foot sign would be allowed to be permitted at eighty-five (85) square feet) Total signage requirements may not exceed the total signage calculation of section 6.6.2(a) of this ordinance.
(Ord. No. 2006-12, 3-7-06; Ord. No. 2006-23, 5-2-06; Ord. No. 2007-36, 8-7-07; Ord. No. 2009-06B, 6-2-09; Ord. No. 2020-10, 12-1-20)