Skip to code content (skip section selection)
Home occupations are allowed in zoning districts as shown in table of uses, section 4.19 provided it meets the following criteria:
1) Such business shall not change the character of the dwelling or constitute a nuisance for the neighborhood. Beauty parlors and barbershops shall not be considered home occupations.
2) No outside storage or displays associated with the home occupation shall be permitted.
3) No more than twenty-five (25) percent of the home shall be used in connection with the home occupation. Said home occupation shall be carried on solely within the main dwelling and must be clearly incidental and secondary to the use of the dwelling for living purposes. The applicant shall provide a sketch showing the floor plan and the area thereof to be utilized for the conduct of the home occupation including total area of the residence.
4) A maximum of one (1) non-resident employee, contracted or otherwise hired, is permitted in the house.
5) One (1) company vehicle shall be permitted per house; otherwise, only vehicles used primarily as passenger vehicles shall be permitted in connection with the home occupation.
6) Signage is permitted on the vehicle.
7) Customers may only visit the premises between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.
8) One (1) six (6) square foot wall sign is permitted on premise.
9) The community development department shall issue the home occupation permit. The applicant must also obtain all other applicable permits.
(Ord. No. 2004-39, 11-3-04; Ord. No. 2020-10, 12-1-20)