Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Purpose. The purpose of this chapter is to establish policies and procedures for the placement of node support poles in the right-of -way and network nodes in the public right-of-way and on service poles within the city's jurisdiction, which will provide public benefits and will be consistent with the preservation of the integrity, safe usage, and visual qualities of the city public right-of-way and the city as a whole.
(B) Intent. In enacting this chapter, the city is establishing uniform standards to address issues presented by network nodes, including without limitation, ensuring that network nodes or node support poles do not adversely affect:
(1) Use of streets, sidewalks, alleys, parkways and other public ways and places;
(2) Vehicular and pedestrian traffic;
(3) The operation of facilities lawfully located in public right-of-way or public property;
(4) The ability of the city to protect the environment, including the prevention of damage to trees;
(5) The character of residential and historic areas, and city parks, in which network nodes may be installed; and
(6) The rapid deployment of network nodes to provide the benefits of wireless services.
(Ord. 180515, passed 5-15-2018)