Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The owner or person in charge of a food establishment that relinquishes possession of food to a consumer directly for consumption on premises shall provide its employees with at least one restroom, with associated hand washing facilities, conveniently located within the establishment.
(B) The owner or person in charge of a food retail store or food products establishment shall provide:
(1) If less than five employees are on duty at one time, not less than one restroom; or
(2) If five or more employees are on duty at one time, not less than two restrooms, one for each sex.
(C) Employee restrooms shall be conveniently located within the establishment and have associated hand washing facilities.
(D) The owner or person in charge of a food establishment shall provide at least two restrooms for public use, one for each sex, and conveniently accessible from the seating or dining area when:
(1) Alcoholic beverages are provided for consumption on premises;
(2) Seating for 20 or more persons is provided; or
(3) Reusable tableware is provided.
(E) Public restrooms are not required to be located in an individual food establishment if the food establishment shares a common seating area, including a food court, with another food establishment. Restrooms required under divisions (D) and (E) may be utilized as employee restrooms when those restrooms are:
(1) Located within 75 feet of the main food preparation area of a food establishment; and
(2) Are under the operational control of the food establishment.
(Ord. 120918-D, passed 9-18-2012)