Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) It shall be unlawful for any person to keep or harbor any domestic animal that creates a nuisance or causes damage to the property of another. Acts constituting a nuisance include, but are not limited to:
(1) Repeatedly causing trash or garbage to be removed from a trash or garbage container;
(2) Repeatedly defecating on the property of another person;
(3) Attacks or chases another animal when that animal is on the property of its owner or custodian; and
(4) An animal off property with no human supervision;
(5) Acting in a threatening manner in any location other than the property of its owner or custodian toward any person other than its owner or custodian;
(6) Damages private or public property, other than the private property of its owner; and
(7) The frequent or continuous noise caused by any such animal in that it violates existing noise and/or nuisance ordinances;
(B) Any animal, whose behavior is described in division (A) above, is hereby declared to be a public nuisance.
(C) If any person complains to any officer of the city that he or she is, or has been, so disturbed or interfered with, the person's complaints shall be promptly investigated.
(Ord. 820914, passed 9-14-1982; Ord. 141217-C, passed 12-17-2014) Penalty, see § 94.99